Gloucestershire’s most innovative publishing company, SoPublishing, is turning 10 in the summer of 2017 with some incredibly exciting developments in the pipeline for our anniversary year – including a new opportunity for a talented freelance videographer to join the team.
Based on Imperial Square in Cheltenham, SoPublishing produces the award-winning online lifestyle magazine for Gloucestershire, SoGlos (www.soglos.com), as well as the market-leading wedding title, SoGlosWeddings (www.soglosweddings.com) – reaching a combined 120,000 readers every month.
SoPublishing is divided into three specialist departments, our Editorial Hub comprised of experienced journalist; our Advertising Hub including expert sales consultants; as well as the Innovation Hub, which is home to SoPublishing’s directors, our graphic designer and new videographer.
The new videographer will work alongside all three departments to create the slickest, most inspiring and viral videos in the county. The sort of standard we expect can be seen in the following video:
- Storyboarding a diverse range of creative, engaging and shareable videos
- Visiting businesses and events in and around Gloucestershire to capture video footage and conduct interviews
- Working with clients to meet a set brief and achieve specific marketing objectives
- Editing video footage into slick packages for use in various settings
- Integrating audio files, including interviews and music
- Creating on-screen captions and graphics
- Exporting and uploading videos
- A passion for videography and storytelling
- Tech savvy with a finger on the filmmaking pulse
- Experience shooting and editing modern and professional corporate videos
- Inherent understanding of what makes a video engaging and highly shareable
- Experience using audio and lighting equipment
- Use of own kit to include professional video camera, microphone, tripod and (ideally) lighting and slider
- Use of own Mac/PC and editing software
- Professional insurance
- Full driving license and use of vehicle
- Experience of working on your own initiative
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A positive attitude
- An interest in Gloucestershire lifestyle
Hours, pay and perks
- This is freelance position and initially one day per week
- Some evening and weekend hours expected due to the nature of the work
- Competitive daily rate, dependent on experience, plus expenses
- Regular #SoGlosSocial team events
- Not forgetting free fruit!
Please email your CV, a link to your showreel and a brief introduction to SoPublishing’s group publisher, James Fyrne, at email@example.com. The start date is as soon as possible.
Please note, we will not be using recruitment agencies to fill this position.