SoPublishing is a successful and innovative publishing group, established 12 years ago by two pioneering journalists on a mission to reinvent regional lifestyle media.
Based on Cheltenham’s prestigious Imperial Square, our flagship title is SoGlos – Gloucestershire’s online lifestyle magazine, which reaches an unparalleled 146,000 monthly readers, 70,000 social media followers and 27,000 weekly email newsletter subscribers.
Spanning aspirational young professionals, active parents and affluent over 50s, our readers rely on SoGlos for inspiration on living in and enjoying Gloucestershire.
We are passionate about inspiring our readers through exceptional content exclusively written by journalists, and helping Gloucestershire businesses grow through modern advertising services.
About the role
- Writing a wide variety of engaging content marketing and editorial for SoGlos – particularly regular news articles
- Writing for SoGlos’s social media channels – particularly Facebook and Instagram
- Publishing content and updating sections through SoGlos’s content management system
- Liaising with clients and PRs over the phone, by email and in person
- Understanding SoGlos’s readers and proactively hunting for great stories and unique angles that will engage them
- Picture research and editing
- Strong writer with an excellent command of the English language
- Previous experience in a similar media role
- Preferably degree educated
- Passion for Gloucestershire
- Excellent understanding of online media and social media
- Preferable experience of news writing
- Quick learner with a mature, can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, diligent and able to work on your own initiative
- Highly organised, methodical, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and to deadline
- Confident on the phone and in person
Salary, commission and perks
- This is a full-time, permanent role
- Starting salary of £20,000 to £22,000, dependent on experience
- In-house training and personal performance reviews
- Full 28 days paid holiday
- An additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
- Your birthday off (cakes are on you!)
- Monthly team lunches
- Regular team get-togethers (from team reviews at new restaurants to wine tasting at vineyards)
- The chance to work with a fantastic team in our prestigious town centre HQ
- Not forgetting free fruit!
Email James Fyrne at email@example.com with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person for the job.
The ideal start date is January 2020 and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
No recruitment agencies, please.