Gloucestershire’s most innovative publishing company, SoPublishing is celebrating its 10-year anniversary in 2017 and continues to grow – with a brand new opportunity for an exceptional PA / administrator to join the team now available.
Based on Imperial Square in Cheltenham, SoPublishing produces the award-winning online lifestyle magazine for Gloucestershire, SoGlos (www.soglos.com), as well as the market-leading wedding title, SoGlosWeddings (www.soglosweddings.com).
SoPublishing is divided into three specialist departments, an Editorial Hub comprised of experienced journalists, an Advertising Hub including expert sales consultants and a graphic designer, as well as the Innovation Hub, home to SoPublishing’s founders and all team activity. See meet the team to find out more.
The new PA / administrator will assist the company’s group publisher and be responsible for supporting numerous aspects of the business, including:
• Responding to email and telephone enquiries
• Bookkeeping, invoicing, expenses and credit control
• Assisting with advertising campaign orders
• Updating databases
• Filing, mailing and banking
• Diary management
• Organising guest lists and invites for events
• Ordering and stocking office supplies
Candidates interested in applying should have:
• Unparalleled organisational skills with a sharp eye for detail
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Experience of using accounting software such as Xero would be a plus
• Good spelling, punctuation and grammar
• A confident telephone manner
• Experience of working in a busy office environment and on their own initiative
• Good time management skills
• A positive attitude
• An interest in Gloucestershire lifestyle
This is initially a part-time position of 15 hours per-week, to be split over three to five days. The role is offered on a permanent basis with a salary of £17,000 pro rata, 20 days’ holiday entitlement pro rata, and free fruit, of course!
To apply, please email your CV and a brief introduction to SoPublishing’s group publisher, James Fyrne, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The start date is as soon as possible.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10 March 2017.
Please note, we will not be using recruitment agencies to fill this position.