SoPublishing is on the hunt for an exceptional editorial assistant to work on SoGlos – Gloucestershire’s online lifestyle magazine.
SoPublishing is a successful and innovative publishing group, established 12 years ago by two pioneering journalists on a mission to bring online media bang up-to-date in the regions.
Based on Cheltenham’s prestigious Imperial Square, our flagship title is the market-leading and highly-regarded SoGlos – Gloucestershire’s online lifestyle magazine, which reaches an unparalleled 130,000 monthly readers, 60,000 social media followers and 27,000 email newsletter subscribers.
We love inspiring our readers through exceptional editorial content exclusively written by journalists; and we are passionate about helping Gloucestershire businesses attract more customers, make the most of their advertising budgets and grow.
About the role
- A range of editorial and administrative tasks
- Responsibility for managing and writing event listings
- Uploading content through SoGlos’s content management system
- Ensuring SoGlos’s directories are accurate and up-to-date
- Social media updates, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Processing competition entries
- Proactively hunting for great story ideas, unique angles and targeted hooks to keep content fresh and readers engaged
- Liaising with clients and PRs over the phone and by email
- Picture research and editing
- The opportunity to take on more editorial responsibilities and write fuller features
This is a full-time, permanent role
- Strong writer with an excellent command of the English language
- Degree educated, with a proven passion for media
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable
- Quick learner with a mature, can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, diligent and able to work on your own initiative
- Highly organised, methodical, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and to deadline
- Confident on the phone and in person
- Good understanding of online media, social media and viral content
- A passion for Gloucestershire would also be a real plus
Salary, commission and perks
- Salary of £16,000 to £18,000, dependent on experience
- Full 28 days paid holiday
- An additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
- Your birthday off (cakes are on you!)
- In-house training and personal performance reviews
- Regular team get-togethers from team reviews at the newest restaurants to wine tasting at vineyards
- The chance to work with a fantastic team in our prestigious town centre HQ
- Not forgetting free fruit!
30 APRIL 2019: PLEASE NOTE, NO FURTHER APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THIS ROLE
Email James Fyrne at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person for the job.
The start date is as soon as possible and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
No recruitment agencies, please.