Gloucestershire’s most innovative media company, SoPublishing is a successful and highly regarded independent publishing group, established more than a decade ago by two pioneering journalists on a mission to showcase their home county and modernise the local media landscape.
Based on Cheltenham’s prestigious Imperial Square, we produce two market-leading titles, SoGlos, the online lifestyle magazine for Gloucestershire, and SoGlosWeddings, the online wedding magazine for Gloucestershire – reaching a combined audience of more than 130,000 readers, 32,000 newsletter subscribers and 60,000 social media followers every month.
Smart, stylish and effortlessly user-friendly, our titles provide quality advertising opportunities which are proven to help businesses grow, alongside exceptional and inspirational editorial content written by our in-house journalists.
About the role
The advertising campaign manager is a brand-new position at SoPublishing, created in-line with the company’s growth, to ensure our clients’ advertising campaigns continue to be implemented and managed smoothly and effectively. This pivotal role entails a high level of organisation, trust and responsibility.
From display advertising, content marketing, social media support and video to sponsorship, our tailormade advertising campaigns include a range of services to help businesses attract customers and grow – with every campaign bespoke to each individual client’s marketing strategy.
The advertising campaign manager will work alongside a diverse range of new and long-established commercial partners, spanning top restaurants and luxurious hotels to leading attractions and independent schools.
- Liaising between the Advertising Hub, Editorial Hub and clients to record, implement and manage advertising campaign activity and responsibilities.
- Requesting artwork, copy and images from clients.
- Proofing, uploading and managing display adverts via our systems, working alongside our in-house designer.
- Informing clients about ongoing campaign activity.
- Scheduling and compiling campaign reports.
- Updating our CRM with client details and campaign timeframes.
- Ensuring clients are delighted with the level of service provided.
- Assisting the Advertising Hub and Editorial Hub with ad hoc duties.
- Assisting with the organisation of events, such as the annual #SGGLA.
- Assisting with SoPublishing marketing, B2B social media activity and updates via sopublishing.com.
This is a full-time, permanent role.
You are highly organised with excellent attention to detail and someone who enjoys honing and refining, as well as working on your own initiative.
You are an unwaveringly positive and motivated individual with experience working in a fast-paced, client-facing role.
You are used to juggling and prioritising workloads, as well as communicating effectively with different departments and businesses.
You are extremely confident on the phone, in person and by email, you enjoy building relationships, are fanatical about customer service and also experienced in managing expectations.
A marketing, sales or high-level customer service background would be beneficial. And an avid interest in Gloucestershire would, of course, be a real plus.
Salary and benefits
- Basic starting salary of £22,000 to £25,000
- Full 28 days paid holiday
- An additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
- Your birthday off (cakes are on you!)
- Training and personal performance reviews
- Regular team get togethers, from cheering on Gloucester Rugby from our box, doing a team review of a restaurant’s new menu or going head-to-head clay shooting
- The chance to work with a fantastic team in our prestigious town centre HQ
- Not forgetting free fruit!
Email James Fyrne at email@example.com with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person for the job.
The start date is as soon as possible and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence. No recruitment agencies, please.