SoPublishing is recruiting for an accounts assistant for SoGlos – Gloucestershire’s online lifestyle magazine.
SoPublishing is a successful and innovative publishing group, established 12 years ago by two pioneering journalists on a mission to bring online media bang up-to-date in the regions.
Based on Cheltenham’s prestigious Imperial Square, our flagship title is the market-leading and highly-regarded SoGlos – Gloucestershire’s online lifestyle magazine, which reaches an unparalleled 130,000 monthly readers, 60,000 social media followers and 27,000 email newsletter subscribers.
We love inspiring our readers through exceptional editorial content exclusively written by journalists; and we are passionate about helping Gloucestershire businesses attract more customers, make the most of their advertising budgets and grow.
About the role
In this newly created role, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Raising and issuing invoices
- Banking reconciliation
- Setting up clients’ Direct Debit mandates
- Credit control
- Making supplier payments
- Dealing with ongoing queries
- Providing monthly bookkeeping and quarterly VAT return support
- Liaising with our Advertising Hub team and accountant
This is a part-time, permanent role of around 12 to 18 hours per week – ideally split over Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
To be considered for this role, candidates should have:
- Experience working in a similar role
- A high level of attention to detail
- Be process driven and meticulous
- The ability to manage their own workload
- Strong communication skills and confidence liaising with external contacts by phone and via email
- Strong administration skills – including Excel and Word
- A passion for providing great customer service
- A working knowledge of Xero or similar
- A passion for Gloucestershire would also be a real plus
Salary, commission and perks
- Salary of £16,000 to £18,000, dependent on experience
- Full 28 days paid holiday
- An additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
- Your birthday off (cakes are on you!)
- In-house training and personal performance reviews
- Regular team get-togethers from team reviews at the newest restaurants to wine tasting at vineyards
- The chance to work with a fantastic team in our prestigious town centre HQ
- Not forgetting free fruit!
Email James Fyrne at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person for the job.
The start date is as soon as possible and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
No recruitment agencies, please.